Kansas Department of Revenue and the IRS's VITA program have teamed up to provide the site.

Volunteer tax assistors will prepare Federal Form 1040-EZ, 1040-A, 1040 with Sch A, B, C-EZ, D, EIC, R & SE, Form 1040-V, 1040-ES, 2441 (Child & Dependent Care Credit), 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit), and 8863 (Education Credits), and Kansas Form K-40 and Sch S.

They will not prepare Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business) Complicated & Advanced Sch D (Capital Gains & Losses), Sch E (Rents & Royalties), Form SS-5 (Requests for Social Security Number) Form 2106 (Employee Business Expenses), Form 3903 (Moving), Form 8606 (Nondeductible IRA), or Form 8615 (Minor's Investment Income).

To have your tax return prepared, take with you a copy of your 2005 federal and state income tax return if you have it, photo identification, birth dates and social security cards for the taxpayer, spouse and any children in the household born before December 31, 2006; wage and earning statement(s), form W-2 from all employers, W-2G gambling income, and 1099(R) from pension, annuity, retirement or profit-sharing plans, IRAs, and insurance contract distributions, interest and dividend statements from banks (form 1099INT), unemployment insurance benefit statements received any time in 2006 (1099-G), and all other 1098 and 1099 forms; statements received from a mortgage company during 2006; college expense information for college students; and other relevant information about income and expenses such as total amount paid for day care and the day care provider's federal identifying number, and any notices sent to the taxpayer by the IRS in 2006.

Other Usefull Tax Articles

Most Viewed Articles